Pharmacy First Common Ailments Scheme
Many pharmacies in West Kent are taking part in the Common Ailments Scheme which helps people who don't usually have to pay for NHS prescriptions access medicines for common minor ailments, free of charge.
Simply walk in to a pharmacy and ask for advice you do not need to make an appointment. Look for the Pharmacy first sign displayed at your local pharmacy.
Pharmacy staff will be able to make a diagnosis and offer you advice and treatment. The pharmacist may decide that you need to see a doctor and refer you to your GP, without giving you medicine.
Common Ailments treated under this scheme
Insect Bites / Stings
Mild eczema / dry skin
Sprains / strains
Local Pharmacies participating are:
- 23-29 Albion Place, Maidstone
- 50-52 College Road, Maidstone
- 18 Fremlin Walk, Maidstone
- 56-62King Street, Maidstone
- 88A King Street, Maidstone
- 97 Heath Road, Coxheath
- Unit 2-4 Longshaw Road, Maidstone
- 12 Northumberland Court, Shepway
- 126-128 Ashford Road, Bearsted
- 6 Boughton Parade, Loose Road, Maidstone
- 100 Week Street, Maidstone
E NOVA PHARMACARE:
- Penenden Heath Pharmacy, 321 Boxley Road, Maidstone